SFU AGM Rule Changes and Election Results
The SFUYSA Annual General Meeting brought some significant changes to the league's structure and development. Over the next few weeks and months, we will be updating you on the changes. In terms of planning and budgeting consider the following changes to league offerings and costs:
1) Club Affiliation Fees are now $125 per club, per year
2) Team Registration Fees are now $125, per team, per season
3) Referee Fees for the U11 and U12 age group have increased from $37 per team (34-20-20) to $40 per team (36-22-22)
4) Referee Fees for the U13 and U14 age group have increased from $44 per team (40-24-24) to $48 per team (44-26-26)
5) Referee Fees for U9-10 and U15+ will remain the same
6) SFUYSA will offer a Boys Division 3 in the U9 to U15 age groups with a maximum 12 game schedule under the same rules as Divisions 1 and 2.
7) SFUYSA will offer Girls Division 1 and 2 in the U9 to U15 age groups under the same rules as Divisions 1 and 2.
Following is the listing of the newly elected Board of Directors of the league:
President – Barry Witlin
Vice President – Div 1 – Jeff Kurzner
Vice President – Div 2 – Alan Dagen
Vice President – Referees – Mike Webber
Treasurer – Cindy Gross
Registrar – Joe Meeroff
Secretary – Scott Tripp
SFUYSA Challenge League partners with Strikers
South Florida United Youth Soccer Association's Challenge League is officially getting off the ground this year! A new partnership with The Fort Lauderdale Strikers offers an incredible opportunity to watch and participate in some of the best youth and professional soccer available anywhere in Florida.
More news and details will be provided soon!
SFU U9 and U10 Jamboree to be hosted at SunLife
SFUYSA has been working with the Miami Dolphins and SunLife Stadium to host our U9 and U10 Jamboree at the field. We anticipate a one or two day jamboree with four simulatneous games being played on the field with parents and family watching and photographing it from the stands. There will be public address announcements, the use of the scoreboard and hopefully a host of other surprises.
We anticipate the event will be very well attended and will only be available to SFUYSA teams that played in our regular season.